Terms & Conditions
By making a booking, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and fully accept our terms and conditions as detailed below:
- When time allows before the first appointment or class, we will send you confirmation of your booking. This will confirm payment, start date, and give other information pertinent to your booking.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they attend on the correct date, time and place for classes and appointments according to the information provided by the instructor.
- Booking confirms your attendance for your chosen training service or course. For courses and packages please make every effort to attend each appointment. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
Fees and Prices:
- The full class or package fee must be paid in advance by a method acceptable to Tails We Win. For some longer behaviour packages a payment plan is available.
- Failure to pay in a timely fashion may result in your place on the course being given to another client.
- Price advertised at time of booking applies.
- For classes and workshops all dogs must be vaccinated. If you are unsure about vaccinations please consult your vet directly. (NB: We do not consider homeopathic nosodes an acceptable alternative to conventional vaccines for young puppies.)
- Occasionally, we may find that a class environment does not suit a dog or owner. Full discussion over the best way to proceed will be undertaken and this may result in us making alternative arrangements to assist you.
- All children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult who must agree to prevent them from disturbing the process of learning during the class or private session. We reserve the right to ask disruptive children not to attend future classes or training sessions.
- We will endeavour to offer only sound, safe and responsible training and training instructions. However Tails We Win is not responsible for any unintentional errors, omissions or incorrect assertions.
- We make every effort to ensure safety of both clients and dogs during the classes, workshops and training sessions. By making a booking, you are accepting that dog training is not without risk to yourself, members of your family/household, guests or your dog(s).
- Your dog’s behaviour now, and in the future is solely your responsibility. Should any behaviour of your dog now or in the future result in damage to property or person or some third party, you agree to assume full liability for any and all such damage, and absolve Tails We Win from any and all liability for obligations to pay for such damage, loss and or expenses arising out of any injury to any person or to any person’s property by your dog, unless it is the direct result of negligence by Tails We Win.
- Tails We Win is not liable for illness, injury or death of the client’s dog unless it is the direct result of negligence by Tails We Win.
- The recommendation of any other product or service is not a guarantee of your satisfaction with that product or service.
- All dogs must remain on lead and kept away from contact with other dogs within the premises unless specifically instructed by the tutor.
- All instances of accident or injury must be reported to the instructor at the time they occurred.
- Harnesses (except anti-pull types) are permitted in class.
- Flexi leads are not permitted in class to avoid injury to others.
- Head collars are not permitted in class to avoid injury to the dog’s neck and to avoid distraction during training.
- The following items are NOT PERMITTED in classes under any circumstances:
- choke chains, slip leads and/or check chains of any description;
- electronic training collars including anti-bark/citronella;
- any other device that causes discomfort, pain or fear to the dog;
- prong or pinch collars;
- any equipment that the instructor deems unacceptable.
- The use of physical force and punishment-based training techniques are not permitted in Tails We Win classes, workshops or events.
- Bookings are not confirmed without payment
- Where a provisional booking has been offered, this must be paid for within 5 days to secure the booking. Provisional bookings cannot be held longer than 5 days without payment.
- Discounts are made available where sessions are block booked and paid for in advance, this is reflected in the quotation.
- Payment can be made by BACS, credit/debit card, or PayPal.
Cancelling or rescheduling:
Please give us as much notice as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule a booked session.
Because we operate our classes using a very low instructor to dog/handler ratio, refunds may not be given for any cancellations unless the place can be filled by another client. Subject to filling the place, our refund policy is:
- For weekly classes notice* of cancellation received within:
- 4 weeks (20 working days) of course start date – 50% refund
- 2 weeks (10 working days) of course start date – 25% refund
- within 1 week (5 working days) of course start date – 0% No refund given
- There will be no refund for cancellations due to lack of vaccination or no vaccination card. It is your responsibility to have your dog fully vaccinated and health warranted.
- There will be no partial refunds for missed classes
- Missed classes cannot be taken by joining another group
- For workshops notice* of cancellation received within:
- 10 weeks (50 working days) of course start date – full refund
- 5 weeks (25 working days) of course start date – 50% refund
- less than 5 weeks of course start date – 0% No refund given
Private Sessions (including in person coaching sessions within behaviour packages)
Cancellation with less than 48 hours notice – no refund, you may reschedule with a £50 additional charge.
- You/your family and your dog may be photographed and/or videoed during the training classes for research, teaching and advertising purposes.
- If you do not consent to your photograph/video being used for commercial purposes, such as on booklets produced by Tails We Win or online, please let your instructor know.
- Unless you state otherwise, your consent for use of your photographs is implied.
- Please note: all use will be anonymous, other than your dog’s name.
Keeping in Touch (training and behaviour packages)
We will send you training plans by email and in hard copy following each face to face session. Skype/phone calls will be supported by emailed reminders and recordings of skype calls will be made available. While we will send reminder emails and texts, you are responsible for updating progress logs or contacting us with progress reports.
If you have not responded to our emails and texts after three reminders we will assume you have decided to not to continue with our services. You will be removed from our active client list. You may reapply for additional support.
Your sessions should be scheduled within 3 months of payment. If unavoidable circumstances such as illness interfere please let us know as soon as possible. Should a pre-paid session not be booked within 3 months of the initial payment date and you do not contact us to discuss postponing the package, no refund will be given.